As you may know from reading previous blog items, a new organization is being established for people who make their living writing about the dead.
The question arises: What will be the name of that organization?
Suggestions so far include:
1. Professional Obituary Writers;
2. Professional Obituary Writers Society;
3. Professional Obituary Writers Organization;
4. The Society of Professional Obituarists;
5. Society of Obituary Journalists.
And that's just for starters. Do you have a preference among these or a moniker suggestion of your own?
#4 and #5 are my favorites so far.
I'm not in the profession, but watch/listen for the acronym. POW and POWS may not have quite the ring you're looking for.
Post a Comment