Sunday, July 27, 2008

All the Way Dead?

I've written my own obituary.

Every six months or so, I update the text and save it on the hard drive of my laptop. In the event of my death, my mate will post it on my Website and e-mail it to everyone in my address book. I've also requested that he publish the obit on The Blog of Death; if I have my way, it'll be the last post to appear there.

Since I'll be dead when my obit goes live, I won't have the opportunity to read the reactions to my demise. I won't know who left behind loving tributes or who simply didn't give a damn. Wouldn't it be neat to have that chance, to know how you were perceived by those around you?

Some people know, because they faked their own death. Here's a great list of 10 Dead People Who Weren't Really Dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alana Baranick said...

I just deleted a comment by "Anonymous" that suggested a Web site for searching death records. You should be aware of it in case someone tries to hoodwink you into subscribing to this service.

I strongly recommend that you DO NOT subscribe to www.deathrecordsobituarysearch.com. It appears to be a scam.

I'll post a new item about it.