Monday, November 21, 2005

Obituarists: uncovered

With humble and profound apologies to all, the British literary magazine Zembla has just published my own take on the Obituarists Association conference in Bath.

It's a rewrite of a piece a wrote a year ago for a small American fanzine, and has been marinaded in poetic licence before being liberally sprinkled with over-exaggeration.

The layout's rather marvellous; the text a little more silly. The article itself is over at my website. Don't hurt me, I'm not worth it.

1 comment:

Alana Baranick said...

i don't hate you, andrew. of course, you didn't mention me in your article. so i have no reason to hate you.

i read a previous version of this on your web site. this is even better than the original.

such a way with words you have, general losowsky. the line about finding an obit writer "who gives good dead," provocative is.

and i love the layout.

thanks for sharing in your own peculiar way.